Old 02-08-2011, 10:06 AM
kellyremo

Default Run application with other user

OS: Fedora 14
GUI: GNOME

I need to run an application with another user then the "default" (normally used).
Purpose: create a ".desktop" file on my desktop to run e.g.: Google Chrome with another user (NOT ROOT! - so beesu doesn't count.)
There aren't any gksu, or kdesu packages in Fedora 14. Why?

So i want to create a user with "adduser SOMEONE", and i want to run e.g.: Google Chrome with "SOMEONE" - then it will have minimum permissions, "more security".

Thank you!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Ed Greshko

On 02/08/2011 07:06 PM, kellyremo wrote:

> I need to run an application with another user then the "default"
> (normally used).
> Purpose: create a ".desktop" file on my desktop to run e.g.: Google
> Chrome with another user (NOT ROOT! - so beesu doesn't count.)
> There aren't any gksu, or kdesu packages in Fedora 14. Why?
>
> So i want to create a user with "adduser SOMEONE", and i want to run
> e.g.: Google Chrome with "SOMEONE" - then it will have minimum
> permissions, "more security".

man sudo

--
T-1's congested due to porn traffic to the news server. 葛斯克 愛德華 /
台北市八德路四段