Old 02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
kellyremo

Default Autorun is VERY bad

How to disable autorun? Are there any hidden autorun features on a standard Fedora install??

http://securitytube.net/USB-Autorun-attacks-against-Linux-at-Shmoocon-2011-video.aspx

Old 02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
kellyremo

How to disable autorun? Are there any hidden autorun features on a standard Ubuntu install??

http://securitytube.net/USB-Autorun-attacks-against-Linux-at-Shmoocon-2011-video.aspx

Old 02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
kellyremo

How to disable autorun? Are there any hidden autorun features on a standard CentOS install??

http://securitytube.net/USB-Autorun-attacks-against-Linux-at-Shmoocon-2011-video.aspx

Old 02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
kellyremo

How to disable autorun? Are there any hidden autorun features on a standard Debian install??

http://securitytube.net/USB-Autorun-attacks-against-Linux-at-Shmoocon-2011-video.aspx

Old 02-07-2011, 05:31 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

google centos autorun disable
Hit 4: http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=27&topic_id=3628&viewmode=flat
I assume you are logging into KDE as your desktop. Autorun
is something KDE uses for it's automounting and some other extras. It is run at
login usually from your .kde/Autostart/ directory.
*
Hit 7: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/is-linux-has-cdrom-autorun-function-and-how-to-disable-it-357440/
You can take a look at /etc/fstab , changing the
mountoption should do the trick for you. Here's a good
guide:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handboo...?part=1&chap=8
*
Please use plain text in this mailing list.* My mail
tool defaults to html when answering html, and that defaults to top-posting (and
in fact disables interleaved or bottom posting unless I force the reply into
plain text).
*
/me

Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Mike Viau

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:21:48 -0800 <kellyremo@zoho.com> wrote:
>

> How to disable autorun? Are there any hidden autorun features on a standard Debian install??
>
> http://securitytube.net/USB-Autorun-attacks-against-Linux-at-Shmoocon-2011-video.aspx

In the gnome desktop manager open up the file manager, or run nautilus

Then, Edit > Preferences > Media > Never Prompt or start programs on media insertion

Hope that helps!

-M