Old 02-07-2011, 03:54 PM
H Xu

Default Update tex-live package?

Hello,

Tex-live package is still 2007. It's a little outdated, and the new
version has a better support of CJK. Please update the package.

Thanks.

Regards,
H Xu
02/08/2011

Old 02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 00:54:32 +0800
H Xu <xusubsc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Tex-live package is still 2007. It's a little outdated, and the new
> version has a better support of CJK. Please update the package.

Folks are working on it, but there's a lot of legal checking still to
do.

You could join in and help out:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/TeXLiveLegalAudit

And there is a side repo with the new versions available:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive

Hope that helps.

kevin

Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
H Xu

On 2011/2/8 0:59, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 00:54:32 +0800
> H Xu<xusubsc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Tex-live package is still 2007. It's a little outdated, and the new
>> version has a better support of CJK. Please update the package.
>
> Folks are working on it, but there's a lot of legal checking still to
> do.
>
> You could join in and help out:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/TeXLiveLegalAudit
>
> And there is a side repo with the new versions available:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> kevin

Hello Kevin,

I see the problem. It's not easy to solve. Any way, I will find another way.

Thanks.

Regards,
H Xu
2011/2/8

Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Phil Meyer

On 02/07/2011 10:16 AM, H Xu wrote:
> On 2011/2/8 0:59, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 00:54:32 +0800
>> H Xu<xusubsc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Tex-live package is still 2007. It's a little outdated, and the new
>>> version has a better support of CJK. Please update the package.
>> Folks are working on it, but there's a lot of legal checking still to
>> do.
>>
>> You could join in and help out:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/TeXLiveLegalAudit
>>
>> And there is a side repo with the new versions available:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> kevin
>>
> Hello Kevin,
>
> I see the problem. It's not easy to solve. Any way, I will find another way.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> H Xu
> 2011/2/8

The release package for F14 seems to be missing:

Downloading Packages:
http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2010/packages.fc14/texlive-release-2010-1.20100720.fc14.noarch.rpm:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2010/packages.fc14/texlive-release-2010-1.20100720.fc14.noarch.rpm

Trying other mirror.

Error Downloading Packages:
texlive-release-2010-1.20100720.fc14.noarch: failure:
texlive-release-2010-1.20100720.fc14.noarch.rpm from texlive: [Errno
256] No more mirrors to try.

Looking at the list from a browser confirms this omission.