Old 02-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Default Mozplugger does not work for PDF files

Does anyone have mozplugger working for them for PDF files? Not sure if I
have something broken, or if its a mozplugger bug. Opening links with PDF
files downloads them as any other file, instead of being opened with evince
inside a Firefox window.

Mozplugger seems to be working for other filetypes. mp3 files get opened in
totem, inside Firefox.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Chris Smart

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@courier-mta.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have mozplugger working for them for PDF files? Not sure if I
> have something broken, or if its a mozplugger bug. Opening links with PDF
> files downloads them as any other file, instead of being opened with evince
> inside a Firefox window.

I could be wrong, but I think it uses xpdf, not evince. Try installing
xpdf, restart Firefox and see if that works..

-c

Old 02-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Chris Smart writes:

Does anyone have mozplugger working for them for PDF files? Not sure if I
have something broken, or if its a mozplugger bug. Opening links with PDF
files downloads them as any other file, instead of being opened with evince
inside a Firefox window.

I could be wrong, but I think it uses xpdf, not evince. Try installing
xpdf, restart Firefox and see if that works..

It uses either one. I also have xpdf installed, as well. No dice. Does it
work for you?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Chris Smart

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@courier-mta.com> wrote:

> It uses either one. I also have xpdf installed, as well. No dice. Does it
> work for you?

Yep, it works for me.. i.e.
http://xena.sourceforge.net/media/DigitalPresevervationBrochure.pdf

Comes up inside Firefox using xpdf.