Old 02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Marko Vojinovic

Default gksu alternative for Fedora

On Sunday 06 February 2011 13:02:34 kellyremo wrote:
> I want to run an app [graphical] not with my default user on my laptop when
> using GNOME.
>
> Are there any gksu alternatives for Fedora 14? Even kdesu isn't in the
> offical repositoryes. Why?

# yum info beesu
[snip]
Description : Beesu is a wrapper around su and works with consolehelper under
: Fedora to let you have a graphic interface like gksu.

HTH, :-)
Marko

Old 02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
kellyremo

i knowed beesu before, but i think it's only for gaining priviledge to the root user.

i'm missing the "gksu -u SOMEUSER SOMECOMMAND" from Fedora 14

---- On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 05:57:28 -0800 Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@gmail.com> wrote ----

On Sunday 06 February 2011 13:02:34 kellyremo wrote: > I want to run an app [graphical] not with my default user on my laptop when > using GNOME. > > Are there any gksu alternatives for Fedora 14? Even kdesu isn't in the > offical repositoryes. Why? # yum info beesu [snip] Description : Beesu is a wrapper around su and works with consolehelper under : Fedora to let you have a graphic interface like gksu. HTH, :-) Marko -- users mailing list users@lists.fedoraproject.org To unsubscribe or change subscription options: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Old 02-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Joe Zeff

On 02/06/2011 09:29 AM, kellyremo wrote:
> i knowed beesu before, but i think it's only for gaining priviledge to
> the root user.
>
> i'm missing the "gksu -u SOMEUSER SOMECOMMAND" from Fedora 14

What do you think gksu does, if not give root access?

Old 02-06-2011, 04:50 PM
kellyremo

"gksu -u SOMEUSER SOMECOMMAND"

SOMEUSER isn't "root".

---- On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:43:26 -0800 Joe Zeff <joe@zeff.us> wrote ----

On 02/06/2011 09:29 AM, kellyremo wrote: > i knowed beesu before, but i think it's only for gaining priviledge to > the root user. > > i'm missing the "gksu -u SOMEUSER SOMECOMMAND" from Fedora 14 What do you think gksu does, if not give root access? -- users mailing list users@lists.fedoraproject.org To unsubscribe or change subscription options: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Rex Dieter

kellyremo wrote:

> Even kdesu isn't in the offical repositoryes. Why?

kdesu is included in kdebase-runtime.

-- Rex