Old 02-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Alan Cox

Default Is there a better Alternative to Thunderbird ?

> ria, i have 4 cromemco s100 systems with z80 and m68k that i am wanting to
> convert to linux.
>
> i have posted to linux-m68k@lists.linux-m68k.org, but as yet not had
> any responses from cromemco users.

Yeah that may be a slightly obscure configuration and probably about a
hundred times faster to emulate than for real.

On the Z80 side you can in theory run UZI of course, or if you have
banked RAM then UZIX (which has a minimal TCP/IP even)

Old 02-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Alan Cox

> not really obscure. there where several s100 system that started out as
> z80, then updated as z80/m68k.

Very obscure. Yes it was common for S100 setups (and also appeared with
some other systems even early Unix ones) but in the big picture of things
its drowned out by the world of mainstream 68K hardware of the kind
you'll find on the m68k lists.

> > On the Z80 side you can in theory run UZI of course, or if you have
> > banked RAM then UZIX (which has a minimal TCP/IP even)
>
> ?uzi? | ?uzix? sounds strangle familiar, but recall does not bring it up.

UZI is a V7 Unix clone for Z80

Alan

Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM
"Michael Miles"

Title: Re: [OT] Re: Is there a better Alternative to Thunderbird ? <Why I use a Mac>
*
*