Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 AM
kellyremo

Default Security - Run apps with other users

OS: Fedora 14 i386

It's used as a ""normal desktop laptop"".

"USER A" - it's the mainly used user, i log in with GDM with it, etc.

Goal: I need a little more security - separate a few apps!

How: run 3 applications ( Transmission, Google Chrome, Wine ) with other users ( so not with "USER A" ). But when i'm logged in ( in GUI ) with "USER A", i need icons on he's the Desktop. E.g.: just one click ( without asking for password!! ) and Google Chrome starts with another user.

How exactly can i do this? - How can i "grant" "USER A" with permissions ( securely ) so that it doesn't needs a password, when running applications with "USER B", "USER C", etc.?

Are there any howtos/docs/links?

Thank you in advance.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Larry Ivan Brower