Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 AM
James McKenzie

Default Is there a better Alternative to Thunderbird ?

On 2/5/11 5:45 PM, g wrote:
> On 02/05/2011 02:43 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> <>
>> Don't use my S100 systems much, either.
> what system and what cpu?
>
> ria, i have 4 cromemco s100 systems with z80 and m68k that i am wanting to
> convert to linux.
>
> i have posted to linux-m68k@lists.linux-m68k.org, but as yet not had
> any responses from cromemco users.

AND I thought I was old!

Maybe if I can find a TRS-80 MOD III somewhere?

James McKenzie

Old 02-06-2011, 03:07 AM

On 02/06/2011 04:02 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
<>

> AND I thought I was old!

old is a state of mind and mine has not reached it yet.

> Maybe if I can find a TRS-80 MOD III somewhere?

i got ride of a mod 3 about 20 years back.

how about a mod 2?

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

****
**
**
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 02-06-2011, 03:11 AM
James McKenzie

On 2/5/11 9:07 PM, g wrote:
> On 02/06/2011 04:02 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
> <>
>
>> AND I thought I was old!
> old is a state of mind and mine has not reached it yet.
>
>> Maybe if I can find a TRS-80 MOD III somewhere?
> i got ride of a mod 3 about 20 years back.
>
> how about a mod 2?

No. They appeared to be junk when Tandy introduced them. However they
were 8086 based.

I gave away my ModIII in 1991 when I bought a 'real PC' which turned out
to be a POS and I should have waited about a month and I would have been
able to buy a 486 for the same price.

It came with Windows3.1 and MS DOS 5.0. I junked it and moved to a 486
machine that I built.

James McKenzie

Old 02-06-2011, 03:26 AM

On 02/06/2011 04:11 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
<>

>> how about a mod 2?
>>
> No. They appeared to be junk when Tandy introduced them. However they
> were 8086 based.

incorrect on both counts and they where z80.

later the z80 system design was upgraded to mod 12 with z80 and m6800 or
m6810.

i have one, but do not recall which motorola chip it was.

> I gave away my ModIII in 1991 when I bought a 'real PC' which turned out
> to be a POS and I should have waited about a month and I would have been
> able to buy a 486 for the same price.
> It came with Windows3.1 and MS DOS 5.0. I junked it and moved to a 486
> machine that I built.

a lot of people got burned by 286 and 386 systems. but intel had regain
their development money some how.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,