Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Colin McCabe

Default bad autoconf behavior on Fedora Core 14

I encountered some bad autoconf behavior on Fedora Core 14.

Specifically, I was running ./configure .
That script did a test for g++.
g++ was not installed.

However, because of the new fallback behavior, which prints "Install
package 'gcc-c++' to provide command 'g++'? [N/y]" when an unknown
command is entered, ./configure did not detect the problem. Only later
did it realize that g++ was not installed.

Here is what I think might be a problem:

[cmccabe@highcastle ceph]$ g++
bash: g++: command not found...
Install package 'gcc-c++' to provide command 'g++'? [N/y]
[cmccabe@highcastle ceph]$ echo $?
0

cheers,
Colin McCabe