-   -   KRandRtray ?? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/484466-krandrtray.html)

Jim 02-02-2011 09:39 PM

KRandRtray ??

F14/ KDE-4

KRandRTray, how does it work ?

As User if you set resolution to the size you want and accept , after
Logging out of User and then log back in , the resolution setting has
changed. How do you as User lock in setting so it will not change.

Rex Dieter 02-05-2011 09:08 PM

KRandRtray ??

Jim wrote:

> F14/ KDE-4
>
> KRandRTray, how does it work ?
>
> As User if you set resolution to the size you want and accept , after
> Logging out of User and then log back in , the resolution setting has
> changed. How do you as User lock in setting so it will not change.

right click krandrtray in systray, Configure Display, (do
tweaking/configuring), click "Save as Default" (and it will restore on next
login).

-- Rex

DB 02-06-2011 01:58 PM

KRandRtray ??

On 02/06/2011 12:23 AM, users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Re: KRandRtray ??
> From:
> Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu>
> Date:
> Sat, 05 Feb 2011 16:08:48 -0600
>
> To:
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>

> Jim wrote:
>
>> > F14/ KDE-4
>> >
>> > KRandRTray, how does it work ?
>> >
>> > As User if you set resolution to the size you want and accept , after
>> > Logging out of User and then log back in , the resolution setting has
>> > changed. How do you as User lock in setting so it will not change.
> right click krandrtray in systray, Configure Display, (do
> tweaking/configuring), click "Save as Default" (and it will restore on next
> login).
>
> -- Rex

Hi Rex,

I have the feeling what you are writing is not true (or maybe I've got
something set wrong on my box.....)

I have a Geforce 4 MX graphic card which has 2 outputs - one for the
monitor, one for TV. In KRandRTray, I switch the TV output to "disable"
as I don't have anything on it, apply the set-up & save it to default.
When I do either a restart or a new start, The new set-up has the TV
output again to the right of the main 1440*900 monitor screen.

Any thoughts what I might be doing wrong?? (Must I use right-click
rather than opening the window with a left-click???)

Thanks

Dave

Rex Dieter 02-07-2011 02:17 PM

KRandRtray ??

DB wrote:

> I have the feeling what you are writing is not true (or maybe I've got
> something set wrong on my box.....)

it *is* true :) , but not free of bugs. Sounds like you've found one, if
you could be so kind as to file one @ bugs.kde.org ?

-- Rex

DB 02-07-2011 04:13 PM

KRandRtray ??

On 02/07/2011 04:42 PM, users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Re: KRandRtray ??
> From:
> Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu>
> Date:
> Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:17:33 -0600
>
> To:
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>

> DB wrote:
>
>> > I have the feeling what you are writing is not true (or maybe I've got
>> > something set wrong on my box.....)
> it*is* true:) , but not free of bugs. Sounds like you've found one, if
> you could be so kind as to file one @ bugs.kde.org ?
>
> -- Rex

Thanks for the reply!

Bug is filed:
Bug 265710 - KRandRtray loses changes at next start

Dave

Jim 02-07-2011 05:19 PM

KRandRtray ??

On 02/07/2011 12:13 PM, DB wrote:
> On 02/07/2011 04:42 PM, users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:
>> Re: KRandRtray ??
>> From:
>> Rex Dieter<rdieter@math.unl.edu>
>> Date:
>> Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:17:33 -0600
>>
>> To:
>> users@lists.fedoraproject.org

>> it*is* true:) , but not free of bugs. Sounds like you've found one, if
>> you could be so kind as to file one @ bugs.kde.org ?
>>
>> -- Rex
>>

> Thanks for the reply!
>
> Bug is filed:
> Bug 265710 - KRandRtray loses changes at next start
>
> Dave
Thanks Dave for filing Bug Report.

Jim