Old 02-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Greg Woods

Default Evolution and GPG groups

I have a group declared in my gpg.conf file. I would like to be able to
send mail to this group and have it encrypted with each member of the
group's public key. I know Thunderbird can do this but I have not yet
figured out how to do it in Evolution despite a lot of Googling and
reading the Evolution help files. I have GPG encryption working for the
case where I am sending to one address where I have the public key on my
keyring; now I want to send to an alias and have it encrypt for each
member of the alias. Is there a way to set that up in Evolution? I am
talking about gpg.conf configurations like this:

group 0x55555555=0xXXXXXXXX
group 0x55555555=0xYYYYYYYY

etc.

and I want to be able to send to an address, and have it encrypt with
both 0xXXXXXXXX and 0xYYYYYYYYYY. How do I map an address to GPG group
0x55555555?

--Greg

Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM

On 02/02/2011 06:35 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> I have a group declared in my gpg.conf file. I would like to be able to
> send mail to this group and have it encrypted with each member of the
> group's public key.

not using evolution. using thunderbird, but i have a suggestion about use
in evolution.

i presume you are in they 'group', therefore, send email to yourself
encrypted with key and sent 'bcc' to rest of group?

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

****
**
**
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Greg Woods

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 22:03 +0000, g wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 06:35 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> > I have a group declared in my gpg.conf file. I would like to be able to
> > send mail to this group and have it encrypted with each member of the
> > group's public key.
>

> i presume you are in they 'group', therefore, send email to yourself
> encrypted with key and sent 'bcc' to rest of group?

That serves only to hide who else is in the group, but that isn't really
what I want. I would still have to hand-expand the alias and send to
each user individually; that is what I am trying to avoid having to do.

--Greg

Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM

On 02/03/2011 08:49 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 22:03 +0000, g wrote:
<>

>> i presume you are in they 'group', therefore, send email to yourself
>> encrypted with key and sent 'bcc' to rest of group?
>
> That serves only to hide who else is in the group, but that isn't really
> what I want. I would still have to hand-expand the alias and send to
> each user individually; that is what I am trying to avoid having to do.

then 'byte the bullet' and install thunderbird for when you want to send
an encrypted message to a group.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

****
**
**
**

Old 02-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Greg Woods

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 21:53 +0000, g wrote:

> then 'byte the bullet' and install thunderbird for when you want to send
> an encrypted message to a group.

I know that is an option too, but then I have to spend all that time
learning another mail client. I'm still looking for a way to do it
within Evolution.

--Greg