-   -   Slow Mirror: mirror.sr.unh.edu (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/484101-slow-mirror-mirror-sr-unh-edu.html)

Michael Cronenworth 02-02-2011 01:32 AM

Slow Mirror: mirror.sr.unh.edu

I was trying to install OpenOffice.org on a fresh F14 machine and
encountered a very slow mirror (mirror.sr.unh.edu). Yum was averaging
85kb/sec speed. The machine downloading can easily pull 25mbit/sec in a
speed test. Anyone else encountered this?

The mirror's page says that they are only using 7% of their bandwidth,
so it doesn't seem like they're overloaded. I know Matt sometimes
frequents this list, so if you see this, this is an FYI.

Michael

Joe Zeff 02-02-2011 02:31 AM

On 02/01/2011 06:32 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> The mirror's page says that they are only using 7% of their bandwidth,
> so it doesn't seem like they're overloaded.

More likely than not, there's a bottleneck somewhere between you and them.