Old 02-01-2011, 03:50 AM
Michael Hennebry

Default mplayer doesn't like me again

It doesn't tell me my computer is too slow,
it just gives me a rather pixelated image.
People look like there made of burlap.

The output from mplayer has two things
that look like error messages to me.

> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> [vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

and

> [VD_FFMPEG] DRI failure.0.051 ct: -0.030 0/ 0 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0

I don't even know why it looks for VDPAU.
I have a GeForce card.
Presumably things would go badly if it found libvdpau_nvidia.so .

Once upon a time, I knew what DRI failure meant,
but I've forgotten and googling turns up questions but no answers.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log includes, among other things:

> [ 86356.565] Dac detection success
> [ 86356.565] (II) RADEON(0): Output: DVI-0, Detected Monitor Type: 0
> [ 86356.565] Unhandled monitor type 0
> [ 86356.565] (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output DVI-0

from mplayer -V, the last lineis

> vo: x11 uninit called but X11 not initialized..

Any ideas?

--
Michael hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.