Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Mike Wright

Default OT: bash question

Hi all,

Not sure where to find the answer to this question. Google wasn't
helpful. The users on this list are a great repository of knowledge so
I thought to try here.

Is there a bash command that tells an executing script what *its* path
is? Not the path where the user is but where the script is. If not
that then a series of commands that yield the same result? Maybe some
way of using 'ps'?

Has me stumped and my dog-eared "UNIX in a Nutshell" hasn't exposed the
goodies either

TIA,
Mike Wright