Old 01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
dp

Default F14: Dell laptop

Hi
I wonder if anyone is using this laptop, and if they could tell
me if everything works?

Dell Adamo 13 Core 2 DUO SU9400 4G RAM 128GB SSD

Thanks
dp
Australia

Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 AM
edik landave

Wow it looks a pretty resourceful one. I think everything should work
out of the box. Look what wireless adapter it has? Also what video
card? If you don't mind living without desktop candy you shouldn't
worry about. I've been using Dell laptops issued by my job since 20003
& the only issue I had with Fedora those days were the firmware for
one on my wireless cards which I already forget but I was able to get
it by googling. Currently I've been using a Dell D620 & works just
fine, I just don have the desktop candy (it has an Nvidia) card & I
didn't want to use the proprietary driver. Just give it a try Fedora
rocks!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 AM

On 01/31/2011 02:31 AM, edik landave wrote:
> Wow it looks a pretty resourceful one. I think everything should work
<snip>
> I've been using Dell laptops issued by my job since 20003

wow is right. a time traveler posting to this tsl.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

****
**
**
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 01-31-2011, 04:46 AM
Harish Pillay

> * * * *I wonder if anyone is using this laptop, and if they could tell
> * * * *me if everything works?
>
> * *Dell Adamo 13 Core 2 DUO SU9400 4G RAM 128GB SSD

I believe the Dell Vostro V13 [0] is of the same size and scale as the Adamo.
I have the Vostro and it runs Fedora 14 64-bit and all of the components are
fully functional - built-in webcamera, wifi, ethernet, SD-card reader
etc. I got
the machine wit 4G of memory. Do ask for the N-series otherwise they will
insist on having Windows with it. The N-series ships with Ubuntu but you
can just replace it with Fedora.

Enjoy.

[0] http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/vostro-v13/pd

Harish