Old 01-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Walter Cazzola

Default debug info disinstall

Dear all,
to notify a bug I'd to install the debug symbols of kde via

debuginfo-install kdepim

Since it occupies 2.5Gb on my hard disk I'd like to disinstall them.

Looking on the debuginfo-install help I didn't find any option to
remove them. The only option I can thing of is to do a yum remove of the
list of packages installed by debuginfo-install but I'm quite sure this
is not the right thing to do.

Do you know how to remove them?

Thanks
Walter

Old 01-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 16:52 +0100, Walter Cazzola wrote:
> Dear all,
> to notify a bug I'd to install the debug symbols of kde via
>
> debuginfo-install kdepim
>
> Since it occupies 2.5Gb on my hard disk I'd like to disinstall them.
>
> Looking on the debuginfo-install help I didn't find any option to
> remove them. The only option I can thing of is to do a yum remove of the
> list of packages installed by debuginfo-install but I'm quite sure this
> is not the right thing to do.

What makes you think this is the wrong thing to do? Debug-install does
all its work using yum, so there should be no problem using yum to
uninstall debuginfo packages.

poc

Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Walter Cazzola

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 16:52 +0100, Walter Cazzola wrote:

>> to notify a bug I'd to install the debug symbols of kde via

>> debuginfo-install kdepim

>> Since it occupies 2.5Gb on my hard disk I'd like to disinstall them.

>> Looking on the debuginfo-install help I didn't find any option to
>> remove them. The only option I can thing of is to do a yum remove of the
>> list of packages installed by debuginfo-install but I'm quite sure this
>> is not the right thing to do.

> What makes you think this is the wrong thing to do? Debug-install does
> all its work using yum, so there should be no problem using yum to
> uninstall debuginfo packages.

ok, I'll do that if debuginfo is not keeping a db of the installed data
to let become inconsistent.

Walter

Old 01-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 01/31/2011 12:24 AM, Walter Cazzola wrote:
> ok, I'll do that if debuginfo is not keeping a db of the installed data
> to let become inconsistent.

less /usr/bin/debuginfo-install would show that it is a very simple
python script that calls yum to do all its work.

Rahul