Old 01-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Andrew Dietz

Default Enabling sqlite in php 5.3.5

How does on enable sqlite in php without compiling php from scratch?

I thought I had the packages needed for sqlite to work, namely:

[root@h... ~]# rpm -qa | grep php
php-pdo-5.3.5-1.fc14.x86_64
php-cli-5.3.5-1.fc14.x86_64
php-common-5.3.5-1.fc14.x86_64
php-5.3.5-1.fc14.x86_64

but still, phpinfo(() tells me the sqlite modules are not configured to
load:

Configure Command './configure' (...) '--without-sqlite'
'--disable-pdo' '--without-sqlite3' (...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 01/29/2011 01:52 AM, Andrew Dietz wrote:
> How does on enable sqlite in php without compiling php from scratch?
>
> I thought I had the packages needed for sqlite to work, namely:
>
> [root@h... ~]# rpm -qa | grep php
> php-pdo-5.3.5-1.fc14.x86_64
> php-cli-5.3.5-1.fc14.x86_64
> php-common-5.3.5-1.fc14.x86_64
> php-5.3.5-1.fc14.x86_64
>
> but still, phpinfo(() tells me the sqlite modules are not configured to
> load:
>
> Configure Command './configure' (...) '--without-sqlite'
> '--disable-pdo' '--without-sqlite3' (...)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

# yum install php-pdo

Rahul

Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Old 01-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Andrew Dietz wrote:
> but still, phpinfo(() tells me the sqlite modules are not configured to
> load:
>
> Configure Command './configure' (...) '--without-sqlite'
> '--disable-pdo' '--without-sqlite3' (...)

I saw Rahul replied just as soon as I did, but you already had it installed.

The configure line is for php and you can ignore it. SQLite support is
provided by the php-pdo package.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Andrew Dietz

Thanks guys, I do have php-pdo installed, but there must be something
else still missing.

I have a snippet of test code that calls sqlite_open and sqlite_query
functions, and they throw errors:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sqlite_open() in
/var/www/html/test/sqlite.php on line 2
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sqlite_query() in
/var/www/html/test/sqlite.php on line 3

Again, thanks for the help this far.

Andrew

Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 01/29/2011 03:08 AM, Andrew Dietz wrote:
> Thanks guys, I do have php-pdo installed, but there must be something
> else still missing.
>
> I have a snippet of test code that calls sqlite_open and sqlite_query
> functions, and they throw errors:
>
> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sqlite_open() in
> /var/www/html/test/sqlite.php on line 2
> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sqlite_query() in
> /var/www/html/test/sqlite.php on line 3
>
> Again, thanks for the help this far.

Can't debug without the test code. Try this

http://www.phpro.org/tutorials/Introduction-to-PHP-PDO.html#4.2

Rahul

Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Andrew Dietz

Ahh, I see. The functions I was trying to use are from PECL sqlite. The
PDO class works perfectly.

Once again, thanks a million. As you can see, just getting started with
sqlite...

Cheers,
Andrew

Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Remi Collet

Le 28/01/2011 21:22, Andrew Dietz a écrit :
> but still, phpinfo(() tells me the sqlite modules are not configured to
> load:
>
> Configure Command './configure' (...) '--without-sqlite'
> '--disable-pdo' '--without-sqlite3' (...)

Read :
http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2010/09/29/phpinfo-BUG-or-PEBKAC

Remi.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:13 PM