Old 01-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default Is this happening to anyone else in evolution.-SOLVED

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 10:42 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Periodically expunge does not work on some or all my folders when using
> evolution. Currently I can't expunge any deleted messages from Inbox or
> Junk. Expunge works on other folders which I created,
>
> In the past this condition went away after a while.
>
> Does this happen to anyone else and do you know how too correct this
> condition? I know I can go on the evolution list but first I want too
> know if I am alone with this problem.
Never mind. Google came to the rescue and I solved the problem.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 11:06 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 10:42 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Periodically expunge does not work on some or all my folders when using
> > evolution. Currently I can't expunge any deleted messages from Inbox or
> > Junk. Expunge works on other folders which I created,
> >
> > In the past this condition went away after a while.
> >
> > Does this happen to anyone else and do you know how too correct this
> > condition? I know I can go on the evolution list but first I want too
> > know if I am alone with this problem.
> Never mind. Google came to the rescue and I solved the problem.

Care to expand on that? How did you solve the problem? If it's a genuine
problem with Evo perhaps you should report it.

poc

Old 01-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 17:53 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 11:06 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 10:42 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > Periodically expunge does not work on some or all my folders when using
> > > evolution. Currently I can't expunge any deleted messages from Inbox or
> > > Junk. Expunge works on other folders which I created,
> > >
> > > In the past this condition went away after a while.
> > >
> > > Does this happen to anyone else and do you know how too correct this
> > > condition? I know I can go on the evolution list but first I want too
> > > know if I am alone with this problem.
> > Never mind. Google came to the rescue and I solved the problem.
>
> Care to expand on that? How did you solve the problem? If it's a genuine
> problem with Evo perhaps you should report it.
>
> poc

Well what I found had to be updated for F14.
But the problem is that the indices for the folder gets screwed up. It
is a file with a name like: Inbox.ibex.index. It is not really a bug per
se.

So:
1.Run evolution
2. Stop evolution completely by running: evolution --force-shutdown
3. Erase: ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/Inbox.ibex.index
Note: in previous versions of Fedora Core this file was in a different
place. This will fix Inbox and Junk but different files would be erased
for different folders (i.e, nhl.ibex.index, users.ibex.index. etc.)
4. Then restart evolution. The indices will be recreated and hopefully
the expunge problem will be gone.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 09:02 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 17:53 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> > > Never mind. Google came to the rescue and I solved the problem.
> >
> > Care to expand on that? How did you solve the problem? If it's a genuine
> > problem with Evo perhaps you should report it.
> >
> > poc
> >

> Well what I found had to be updated for F14.
> But the problem is that the indices for the folder gets screwed up. It
> is a file with a name like: Inbox.ibex.index. It is not really a bug per
> se.
>
> So:
> 1.Run evolution
> 2. Stop evolution completely by running: evolution --force-shutdown
> 3. Erase: ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/Inbox.ibex.index
> Note: in previous versions of Fedora Core this file was in a different
> place. This will fix Inbox and Junk but different files would be erased
> for different folders (i.e, nhl.ibex.index, users.ibex.index. etc.)
> 4. Then restart evolution. The indices will be recreated and hopefully
> the expunge problem will be gone.

Sounds like
http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Why_do_I_get_an_error_.22Summary_and_folder_mi smatch.2C_even_after_a_sync.22.3F
It's hard to say as you didn't describe the error in those terms.

poc

Old 01-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 23:31 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 09:02 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > > Care to expand on that? How did you solve the problem? If it's a genuine
> > > problem with Evo perhaps you should report it.
> > >
> > > poc
> > >

> > Well what I found had to be updated for F14.
> > But the problem is that the indices for the folder gets screwed up. It
> > is a file with a name like: Inbox.ibex.index. It is not really a bug per
> > se.
> >
> > So:
> > 1.Run evolution
> > 2. Stop evolution completely by running: evolution --force-shutdown
> > 3. Erase: ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/Inbox.ibex.index
> > Note: in previous versions of Fedora Core this file was in a different
> > place. This will fix Inbox and Junk but different files would be erased
> > for different folders (i.e, nhl.ibex.index, users.ibex.index. etc.)
> > 4. Then restart evolution. The indices will be recreated and hopefully
> > the expunge problem will be gone.
>
> Sounds like
> http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Why_do_I_get_an_error_.22Summary_and_folder_mi smatch.2C_even_after_a_sync.22.3F
> It's hard to say as you didn't describe the error in those terms.
>
> poc

That is the error all right but the solution must be altered. The
Inbox.ibex.index file (as well as similarly named files) have moved in
the current Fedora as I indicated in the solution I sent you above.
Also the .ev-summary files no longer exist.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 08:09 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Sounds like
> >
> http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Why_do_I_get_an_error_.22Summary_and_folder_mi smatch.2C_even_after_a_sync.22.3F
> > It's hard to say as you didn't describe the error in those terms.
> >
> > poc
> >

> That is the error all right but the solution must be altered. The
> Inbox.ibex.index file (as well as similarly named files) have moved in
> the current Fedora as I indicated in the solution I sent you above.
> Also the .ev-summary files no longer exist.

Now's your chance to fix the FAQ entry :-) It's a Wiki.

poc

Old 01-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:08 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 08:09 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > Sounds like
> > >
> > http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Why_do_I_get_an_error_.22Summary_and_folder_mi smatch.2C_even_after_a_sync.22.3F
> > > It's hard to say as you didn't describe the error in those terms.
> > >
> > > poc
> > >

> > That is the error all right but the solution must be altered. The
> > Inbox.ibex.index file (as well as similarly named files) have moved in
> > the current Fedora as I indicated in the solution I sent you above.
> > Also the .ev-summary files no longer exist.
>
> Now's your chance to fix the FAQ entry :-) It's a Wiki.
>
> poc

Ok, I'll give it a shot.