Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Jim

Default Installing Libreoffice from Rawhide

Fedora 14

How does one install LibreOffice in Rawhide into Fedora 14.
Can I put the rawhide.repos in yum.repos.d ?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:43:15 -0500
Jim <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:

> Fedora 14
>
> How does one install LibreOffice in Rawhide into Fedora 14.
> Can I put the rawhide.repos in yum.repos.d ?

I would strongly advise you not to mix rawhide and stable releases.

If you need libreoffice right now in f14, uninstall openoffice packages
and use the rpms from the libreoffice site. (However, the existing
openoffice packages in F14 should work just fine, so there really
shouldn't be any urgency).

kevin

Old 01-28-2011, 01:06 AM

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:43:15 -0500
> Jim <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Fedora 14
>>
>> How does one install LibreOffice in Rawhide into Fedora 14.
>> Can I put the rawhide.repos in yum.repos.d ?
>
> I would strongly advise you not to mix rawhide and stable releases.
>
> If you need libreoffice right now in f14, uninstall openoffice packages
> and use the rpms from the libreoffice site. (However, the existing
> openoffice packages in F14 should work just fine, so there really
> shouldn't be any urgency).

I tried this

wget http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/3.3.0/rpm/x86_64/LibO_3.3.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz

tar zxvf LibO_3.3.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz

cd LibO_3.3.0rc4_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US/RPMS

sudo yum localinstall *.rpm ‚Äďnogpgckeck

http://linuxishbell.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/libreoffice-3-3-released/

> kevin

Linux Toys
http://linuxishbell.wordpress.com/

Old 01-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Chris Smart

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM, L <yuanlux@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried this
>
> ¬* ¬*wget http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/3.3.0/rpm/x86_64/LibO_3.3.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
>
> ¬* ¬*tar zxvf LibO_3.3.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
>
> ¬* ¬*cd LibO_3.3.0rc4_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US/RPMS
>
> ¬* ¬*sudo yum localinstall *.rpm ‚Äďnogpgckeck

Don't forget your menus:
sudo yum localinstall --nogpgckeck
desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm

-c

Old 01-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Chris Smart

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Chris Smart <mail@christophersmart.com> wrote:
> Don't forget your menus:
> sudo yum localinstall --nogpgckeck
> desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm

Gah, with "check" spelt right:

sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck

Old 01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Jim

On 01/27/2011 10:00 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Chris Smart<mail@christophersmart.com> wrote:
>> Don't forget your menus:
>> sudo yum localinstall --nogpgckeck
>> desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm
>>
> Gah, with "check" spelt right:
>
> sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
> desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm
>
> -c
I have installed libreoffice3 in Fedora 14.
It installed in /opt/libreoffice. But there is no /opt/libreoffice/bin
, how do you execute libreoffice ?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Jim

On 01/27/2011 10:00 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Chris Smart<mail@christophersmart.com> wrote:
>> Don't forget your menus:
>> sudo yum localinstall --nogpgckeck
>> desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm
>>
> Gah, with "check" spelt right:
>
> sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
> desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm
>
> -c
I forgot to install redhat-menus, I did so but I got the following error
when I ran yum localinstall --nogpgcheck;

Total size: 1.1 M
Installed size: 1.1 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
Installing :
libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch
1/1
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'
Unknown media type in type 'fonts/package'
Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'
/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.

Installed:
libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus.noarch 0:3.3-6

I'm getting

Old 01-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 11:39 -0500, Jim wrote:
> On 01/27/2011 10:00 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Chris Smart<mail@christophersmart.com> wrote:
> >> Don't forget your menus:
> >> sudo yum localinstall --nogpgckeck
> >> desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm
> >>
> > Gah, with "check" spelt right:
> >
> > sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
> > desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm
> >
> > -c
> I have installed libreoffice3 in Fedora 14.
> It installed in /opt/libreoffice. But there is no /opt/libreoffice/bin
> , how do you execute libreoffice ?

This might be better asked on the Fedora Test list.

poc

Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Chris Smart

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 4:11 AM, Jim <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
> I forgot to install redhat-menus, I did so but I got the following error
> when I ran *yum localinstall --nogpgcheck;

Did you run it and pass the location of the redhat menus rpm? If
you're in the extracted directory, then it should be in a sub
directory called "desktop-integration".

In case email mangled the command, it should be:
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
desktop-integration/libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm

Or you can go into that directory and just install
libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm (without the dir,
obviously).

-c

Old 01-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Chris Smart

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Chris Smart <mail@christophersmart.com> wrote:

> Or you can go into that directory and just install
> libreoffice3.3-redhat-menus-3.3-6.noarch.rpm (without the dir,
> obviously).

So that would be 2 commands:
cd desktop-integration
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck libreoffice3.3-redhat*

-c