Old 01-26-2011, 02:22 PM
"Christopher A. Williams"

Default Libre Office on F14x64?

I'm picking up "chatter" that Libre Office as downloaded from their
community site will install side-by-side the existing OOo install on F14
(and other distros as well). Anyone have experience with this they'd
like to share? Does it actually work?

I'm interested in trying, but don't really have time to rebuild my
system if this actually doesn't work as advertised...

Cheers,

Chris

"People who are hungry and out of a job
are the stuff of which dictatorships are made."

--Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd U.S. president

Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Gene Heskett

On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:37:11 pm Christopher A. Williams did
opine:

> I'm picking up "chatter" that Libre Office as downloaded from their
> community site will install side-by-side the existing OOo install on F14
> (and other distros as well). Anyone have experience with this they'd
> like to share? Does it actually work?
>
> I'm interested in trying, but don't really have time to rebuild my
> system if this actually doesn't work as advertised...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

It does, at least for kde-4.5.5 Chris, I have both in my menu's, and both
work.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)