Old 01-26-2011, 01:43 AM
ivo s

Default Converting Fedora 14 from single drive to Intel RAID (ICH7R)

I would like to convert a Fedora 14 64-bit to a RAID1 array on Intel ICH7R.
Тhe RAID1 array has a XP partition and several partitions for Fedora 14 and data.

Originally when Fedora 14 was installed on a single drive it was partitioned with a primary /boot and a primary LVM partition with / and /home partitions (all ext4)

I had some issues with the cloning so at the end I used dd to copy partitions to a single drive on the controller and then using Intel's Array Manager from Windows XP to convert to a RAID1 Array.

Booting Fedora 14 fails as there's an issue with properly recognizing the RAID1 Array.* I suppose I either need some additional options in GRUB or new initramfs-2.6.35.10-74.fc14.x86_64.img or something else.

At the moment Fedora 14 sees the 2 drives with same partitions and complains about duplicate LVM's

Anyone with experience in this, please give some directions.* I could install a fresh Fedora 14 but I am interested in a solution and finding out if what I am trying to do is possible and how it's done.

I've used Clonezilla in other situations but I don't think it's an option with Intel's "fake raid" controller.

Thanks