Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Linuxguy123

Default Can't permanently disable SELinux warning for Wine.

I am running a flight simulator under Wine.

Everything works OK, except that SELinux detects a problem when it
starts up.

The source process: /usr/bin/wine-preloader
Attempted this access: nmap_zero
On this memprotect: <nothing>

OK.

I'd like to disable this warning. In the SELinux Alert Browser, it
tells me to

You must tell SELinux about this by enabling the wine_mmap_zero_ignore
boolean.
# setsebool -P wine_mmap_zero_ignore 1

That is all well and good, but when I issue the command (as root), it
hangs. Only Ctrl C will terminate the command.

However, if I omit the "-P", it works. However, I have to rerun it all
the time.

Why does the command hang ?

Thanks !

Old 01-26-2011, 01:10 AM
Jorge Fábregas

On 01/25/2011 10:03 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> That is all well and good, but when I issue the command (as root), it
> hangs. Only Ctrl C will terminate the command.
>
> However, if I omit the "-P", it works. However, I have to rerun it all
> the time.

It usually takes a couple of seconds. Did you leave it running (with
-P) for about 15 seconds?

--
Jorge

Old 01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Linuxguy123

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 09:04 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> It is recompiling all of the policy and this can take a long time. Let
> it run up to about 1 minute.

You were right. I let it run and it completed. Thanks !