Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Jim

Default Keyboard on some characters will not work on Sony Vaio

Fedora 14/KDE Live CD

Some of the keys won't work on Sony Vaio PCG-7142L, like the "L" key
and others if you try to type.

I tried to type in lspci , and the l won't show but the s would.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 17:34 -0500, Jim wrote:
> Fedora 14/KDE Live CD
>
> Some of the keys won't work on Sony Vaio PCG-7142L, like the "L" key
> and others if you try to type.
>
> I tried to type in lspci , and the l won't show but the s would.

I forgotten whether this machine is a laptop. If not the L key can be
removed and the mechanism cleaned with a solvent. In either case buy a
small can of compressed air at an office store or an large hardware
store and blow out the key mechanism.