Old 02-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Ric Moore

Default construction estimating software

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 14:23 -0800, Dave Stevens wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 January 2008 06:39:16 am Todd Denniston wrote:
> > Frank Cox wrote, On 01/29/2008 02:18 AM:

> > > Maybe.
> > >
> > > A friend of mine is designing a new house. He's quite the handyman and
> > > intends to build it himself so he was asking me about what he could get
> > > for a estimating program.
> > >
> > > If you think of that blueprint program, don't hesitate to post its name.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the input!
> >
> > If the blueprint program Ric was talking about does not do it, don't forget
> > about needing to estimate time lines (if you are having other people work
> > with you).
> > planner (included with fedora) works pretty good (almost as good as MS
> > Project) for laying out estimating time lines.
> >

> > --
> > Todd Denniston
> > Crane Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC Crane)
> > Harnessing the Power of Technology for the Warfighter
>
> what about Google Sketchup?

Frank, whatever came of this? Did he find something to use? Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 02-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Frank Cox

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 00:50:12 -0500
Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

> Frank, whatever came of this? Did he find something to use?

The last time I talked to him (yesterday, in fact) he said that he was
experimenting with the program that you recommended: Cycas. http://www.cycas.de

He said that it has a pretty steep learning curve but he will persevere with it
for a while and see what happens.

So thanks a lot for the recommendation (to everyone who responded to my
query.)