Old 09-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Michael Miles

Default realplayer

Patrick Dupre wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Michael Miles wrote:

David wrote:

On 9/28/2010 4:26 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:

Patrick Dupre wrote:

Hello,

I installed realplayerGold11 on a fedora 13 machine.

The application runs but I have no sound !

How can I fix it ?

vlc works fine !

Thank.

Just a guess but make sure the pulseaudio plug in for Realplayer is
there

It works fine if I do padsp realplay.

How can I install the pluseaudio plugins for realplay ?

I did:

* ln -s /usr/lib/libpulsedsp.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

but it does not help.

I also cannot get the sound from firefox !

Thank for your help.

Did Realplayer ever get changed so that it is no longer spyware? I did

like software that 'phones home' and reports on me.* :-)

Sorry, I do not understand the point.

It would seem that realplayer has a problem with pulseaudio and the

passthrough from alsa to pulseaudio is not taking place.

alsa-plugins-pulseaudio needs to go in then give it a go.

What do you mean ?

*alsa-plugins-pulseaudio is installed

Should I modify /etc/asound.conf ?

@hooks [

****{

******* func load

******* files [

*********** "/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf"

******* ]

******* errors false

****}

]

Thank for your help.

Although I do not run realplayer I had to do some rangling to get my tv
tuner to work.

What I did was completely remove pulseaudio and set up alsa though
asound.conf

The following is for Myth tv setup but the sound setup tutorial is what
we are after here anyway

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Digital_Sound

Setting up ALSA's .asoundrc, Properly
This is the chapter of interest

Michael

Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Patrick Dupre

[...]

{
func load
files [
"/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf"
]
errors false
}
]

Thank for your help.

Although I do not run realplayer I had to do some rangling to get my tv tuner
to work.
What I did was completely remove pulseaudio and set up alsa though
asound.conf

The following is for Myth tv setup but the sound setup tutorial is what we
are after here anyway

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Digital_Sound

Setting up ALSA's .asoundrc, Properly

This is the chapter of interest

I am sorry, but it should be a lot easier !!!!
I did not have to face such problem in fc10 or fc11 !

vlc works
padsp realplay works

realplay should be able to plug in the pluseaudio module readily !!!!

--
---