Old 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM
James Mckenzie

Default Fedora 14, Wine 1.3.8, Corel WordPerfect Office 12, now a permanent stain

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
>Sent: Dec 9, 2010 11:38 PM
>To: Community support for Fedora users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
>Subject: Re: Fedora 14, Wine 1.3.8, Corel WordPerfect Office 12, now a permanent stain
>
>On 12/10/2010 05:37 AM, David Liguori wrote:
>> I hadn't tried Wine in a while so I gave this a go. After crashing it,
>> searching around and finding some suggestions for a better installation,
>> I tried to uninstall WPO and begin again. But, when I run the
>> uninstaller, it only pretends to uninstall it--it's still there. The
>> windows are in a barely readable dim grey. I re-ran the uninstallation
>> with the WPO disk, same thing. So I tried uninstalling Wine, first with
>> system ->administration ->add/remove software then with yum erase wine.
>> It's all still there, like a red wine stain. Anyone have similar woes
>> and find a work-around?
>
>Hi,
>
>if Corel WPO was installed by a .msi file (I don't know), then the
>uninstaller does not work. This is a known issue.
>
>And to your special problem: uninstalling wine does not remove the
>~/.wine directory, and not the wine parts in
>~/.local/share/applications! That's the red wine stain :-)

If you ran the uninstaller from WPO this does not work in Wine. Use wine uninstaller to do this. It is in the Wine FAQ at http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ

James McKenzie

Old 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM
James Mckenzie

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote
>>> if Corel WPO was installed by a .msi file (I don't know), then the
>>> uninstaller does not work. This is a known issue.
>>>
>>> And to your special problem: uninstalling wine does not remove the
>>> ~/.wine directory, and not the wine parts in
>>> ~/.local/share/applications! That's the red wine stain :-)
>>>
>> If you ran the uninstaller from WPO this does not work in Wine. Use wine uninstaller to do this. It is in the Wine FAQ at http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ
>>

>Hi James,
>
>my experience: if a prog was installed by a .msi installer file,
>uninstalling the prog by the wine uninstaller did not run. Perhaps I did
>something wrong, may be, but such a prog was not uninstalled by the wine
>uninstaller.

True, but I'm aware that their is an uninstall parameter for msiexec as well, or am I mistaken?

If I am mistaken, a bug report needs to be filed with Wine's Bugzilla to ask that this feature be added, if such a report does not already exist.

James McKenzie