Old 02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
MIKE - EMAIL IGNORED

Default F8: syslog.conf?

On my new F8 installation, I see no /etc/syslog.conf .
Is it somewhere else? Is there another file with its
function?

Thanks,
Mike.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:15 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

MIKE - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:

On my new F8 installation, I see no /etc/syslog.conf .
Is it somewhere else? Is there another file with its
function?

Thanks,
Mike.

Syslog has been replaced by rysylog. Loo at /etc/rsyslog.conf instead.

Mikkel

Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 PM
"Alan J. Gagne"

MIKE - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:

On my new F8 installation, I see no /etc/syslog.conf .
Is it somewhere else? Is there another file with its
function?

Thanks,
Mike.

Fedora now uses rsyslog. (/etc/rsyslog.conf)

Old 02-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 21:00 +0000, MIKE - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> On my new F8 installation, I see no /etc/syslog.conf .
> Is it somewhere else? Is there another file with its
> function?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.
In f8 it is rsyslog.conf