Old 02-01-2008, 11:57 PM
"Jamie Bohr"

Default OT: Simple CRM

Hello,

I am looking for a very simple CRM (Customer Relationship Manager ) that my church can use to track visitors.* I've looked at SugarCRM, way to complex, good but to complex for their needs.* I've Googled and found a few other but they were all just as complex as SurgarCRM.* Any ideas?* I don't want to have to roll my own but will if I have to.

--
Jamie Bohr

Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 AM
"Christopher A. Williams"

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 17:57 -0700, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a very simple CRM (Customer Relationship Manager )
> that my church can use to track visitors. I've looked at SugarCRM,
> way to complex, good but to complex for their needs. I've Googled and
> found a few other but they were all just as complex as SurgarCRM. Any
> ideas? I don't want to have to roll my own but will if I have to.

Might be overkill for what you're looking for, but check out:

http://www.churchdb.org

I think it has what you need plus a lot more.

Other than that, most of the church management software I've found runs
only on Windows - and some of it still uses stuff like Foxpro to run.

I'd love to find a good, GPL, Linux or LAMP based application that
handled everything my church used. I'd vote to switch them in a
heartbeat.

Cheers,

Chris

Old 02-02-2008, 02:19 AM
"Jamie Bohr"

That is some really cool stuff, thanks.* Very easy to understand and use - kudos to the developers.

It does not seem to track visitors, you can add visitors but there is tracking ability.* Such as if the person was contacted and by whom and when.* The beta version has bug in it, I know it is beta.* I am using the current production release.

Cool stuff.

Thanks,
** Jamie