Old 02-01-2008, 06:49 PM
wob

Default Desktop == home directory in FC8?

Thanks for your reply.

> I can tell you that under Gnome, your desktop folder is ~/Desktop

If you used FC8, you'll notice there's no such thing as "Desktop",
your desktop IS your home directory, that means all your folders,
files on your home directory are visible on your desktop, which is
annoying. I'm not talking about browser or anything else.

> What do you mean by "severything"?

Sorry my bad. it's "puts everything".

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com

Old 02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 11:49 -0800, wob wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > I can tell you that under Gnome, your desktop folder is ~/Desktop
> >
> If you used FC8, you'll notice there's no such thing as "Desktop",
> your desktop IS your home directory, that means all your folders,
> files on your home directory are visible on your desktop, which is
> annoying. I'm not talking about browser or anything else.
That is not true. I am looking at my f8 machine and there is a ./Desktop
and all my files in my home directory do no show up on he screen.