Old 11-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Colin Paul Adams

Default Emacs working again ME in fedora 14

Wolfgang> Tom Horsley <horsley1953@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Cannot confirm that. Running Emacs as root after logging into
>>> GNOME as an ordinary user also works for me.
>>
>> Works for me as well, but if I start emacs from a root xterm, I
>> do see lots of errors spewed on stderr, however none of them seem
>> to prevent emacs from working.

Wolfgang> # emacs **
Wolfgang> GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2270:initable_init:
Wolfgang> assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error ==
Wolfgang> NULL) Fatal error (6)Aborted (core dumped)

Wolfgang> Hmm. A plain "emacs<cr>" run under an su-to-root bash
Wolfgang> shell seems to fail for me too. Running "emacs -nw" works
Wolfgang> fine. At first glance it looks like something in the X11
Wolfgang> initialization is screwing up.

It's working completely fine for me this morning.

I've commented out the:

unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS

in my .bash_profile (just in case it happens again).
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire

Old 11-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Tom Horsley

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 10:53:25 +0000
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

> It's working completely fine for me this morning.

Yep. While it always worked for me, the big spew of
error messages when I start it is now gone. There were
a small handful of updates, maybe gnome-keyring
was the one that did it? Nothing else in the log strikes
a familiar note.