Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Tim

Default Fedora F13 to F14 upgrade leaves RPM database with strange mix of fc13 and fc14 packages

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 02:30 -0400, Deron Meranda wrote:
> So what may be going on here? I have lots of packages from seemingly
> different releases. But do note that this system started from a fresh
> install of Fedora 13 ... I never had an earlier version installed.

That is normal. For any release, there are some packages that don't need
recompiling just for that release, and a prior one will be used, as-is.
Just quickly looking through a local mirror at the packages for
installing Fedora 14, I can see a quite few Fedora 12 packages in there.

However, if I look through it for packages with tzdata in their name, I
find the following:

joda-time-1.6.2-2.tzdata2010l.fc14.noarch.rpm
joda-time-javadoc-1.6.2-2.tzdata2010l.fc14.noarch.rpm
tzdata-2010k-1.fc14.noarch.rpm
tzdata-java-2010k-1.fc14.noarch.rpm

So there is a Fedora 14 tzdata package.

Maybe you should try doing an uninstall and reinstall of it, rather than
update or install.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686