Old 11-04-2010, 08:42 PM
dp

Default Dell Adamo

Has anyone run F13 on this laptop? If so, could you indicate
if vital things work ok?

Thanks

Old 11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Frank Cox

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 08:12:36 +1030
dp wrote:

> Has anyone run F13 on this laptop? If so, could you indicate
> if vital things work ok?

Not a direct answer to your question, but it's my understanding that Dell
computers can change their components over the course of time. So the Dell
Adamo you buy today may not be the same as one that someone bought yesterday.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Paul Otheim

> Has anyone run F13 on this laptop? *If so, could you indicate

> * * * if vital things work ok?

Not a direct answer to your question, but it's my understanding that Dell

computers can change their components over the course of time. *So the Dell

Adamo you buy today may not be the same as one that someone bought yesterday.

Yes components change or can be modified before it ships by the end user during the sale.
It looks from what I can see that it has an Intel chipset and so *should* probably work without issue.Best to see what options it has and pay special attention to the chipset and then see what or how well
the chipset may be supported by Linux. Generally speaking if the chipset is supported then most of the features *should* work.YMMV.*They offer a broadband card(Dell card) *and if that is of interest then try to find out if that is supported because I am pretty sure Intel is not making them, I have never had an issue*with the Intel chipsets or wifi running on Linux though I know others have experienced some hiccups. Dell also had that horrible media direct button....

Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 AM
dp

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 01:57:48 +0000
users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Frank Cox <theatre@sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 08:12:36 +1030
> > dp wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone run F13 on this laptop? If so, could you indicate
> > > if vital things work ok?
> >
> > Not a direct answer to your question, but it's my understanding
> > that Dell computers can change their components over the course of
> > time. So the Dell Adamo you buy today may not be the same as one
> > that someone bought yesterday.
> >

> Yes components change or can be modified before it ships by the end
> user during the sale.
> It looks from what I can see that it has an Intel chipset and so
> *should* probably work without issue.
> Best to see what options it has and pay special attention to the
> chipset and then see what or how well
> the chipset may be supported by Linux. Generally speaking if the
> chipset is supported then most of the features *should* work.YMMV.
> They offer a broadband card(Dell card) and if that is of interest
> then try to find out if that is supported because I am pretty sure
> Intel is not making them, I have never had an issue with the Intel
> chipsets or wifi running on Linux though I know others have
> experienced some hiccups. Dell also had that horrible media direct
> button....

Thanks for your response.. I see that care is needed before making a
purchase!

DP