Old 11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Joe Zeff

Default I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

On 11/04/2010 01:50 AM, Peter Boy wrote:
> Just install the OO.org version on top or the Fedora
> version and correct some path entries in the /usr/bin OO files. So it is
> really your individual choice.

The point isn't that you can make the OO.org version work in Fedora but
that you shouldn't have to. Just because they decided to make
LiberOffice the default is no reason to remove OpenOffice from the
repos. You're supposed to have a choice.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
"Jason E. High"

Granted, I'm new to Fedora, but am I missing something here? I have
default install of F14, and I wanted to install LibreOffice but it
didn't come up in the repos. I tried installing it via instructions I
found on the web, so I gave up and installed OpenOffice (which did, in
fact, show up in the repos).

I WANT LibreOffice, but can't find an easy way to install it.

Jason E. High

Old 11-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Joe Zeff

On 11/04/2010 10:11 AM, Jason E. High wrote:
> I WANT LibreOffice, but can't find an easy way to install it.

*Shrug!* Your choice. Sooner or later, it will be available; just be
patient. However, my point was that there's no reason both can't be in
the repos. After all, we have vi, vim, emacs and nano, don't we?

Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Frank Murphy

On 04/11/10 17:20, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/04/2010 10:11 AM, Jason E. High wrote:
>> I WANT LibreOffice, but can't find an easy way to install it.
>
> *Shrug!* Your choice. Sooner or later, it will be available; just be
> patient. However, my point was that there's no reason both can't be in
> the repos. After all, we have vi, vim, emacs and nano, don't we?

It's about man hours (among others),
the team that helped maintain OO.o in Fedora,
are the people who will maintain LO, they might be stretched a bit.

They would probably accept help
from capable people?

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 PM
"Jason E. High"

I agree that both should be available. I don't see any reason not to
have OpenOffice available in the repos, even if FC wants to make
LibreOffice the default.

I was apparently misreading previous emails. I was under the impression
that someone was claiming that LibreOffice was the default in FC14 and
that was the opposite of what I was seeing. You can see where that
caused me some confusion...

Jason E. High