Old 11-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Colin Paul Adams

Default Where to set default root for wifi in Fedora 14?

My airport (wifi on Macbook Air) is working fine now fedora 14 is
installed (hooray!). But the default root is not enabled.

I can do so by typing as root:

route add default gw 192.168.254.254 eth0

but I don't understand why this is not done automatically by
NetworkManager.

So where can I configure this? I think /etc/sysconfig/network or
rc.local will be too early, as the device will not have started by
then.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire

Old 11-04-2010, 04:00 PM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

On 11/04/2010 11:03 AM, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> My airport (wifi on Macbook Air) is working fine now fedora 14 is
> installed (hooray!). But the default root is not enabled.
>
> I can do so by typing as root:
>
> route add default gw 192.168.254.254 eth0
>
> but I don't understand why this is not done automatically by
> NetworkManager.
>
> So where can I configure this? I think /etc/sysconfig/network or
> rc.local will be too early, as the device will not have started by
> then.

NM sets this up for me without an issue (iwl3945):

> default 192.168.6.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth1

I'm pretty sure that that information comes from the DHCP query.

Another script to check would be:

Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com
cummings@kjchome.homeip.net