Old 11-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Steven Stern

Default F14 update causes Awstats v7 problem; workaround

After updating to F14, AWSTATS fails:

Can't locate object method "get_ip_address" via package "Geo::IP" at
/usr/share/awstats/plugins/geoip.pm line 250.

I've removed and reinstalled perl-Geo-IP

This seems to be a bug in Awstats 7.x, which is still in beta.

See:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3021745&group_id=13764&atid=11376 4

As a workaround, I removed awstats version 7 and installed 6.95 from
sourcceforge. Then:

cd /usr/local/share
ln -s /usr/local/awstats

to put the files where /etc/cron.hourly/awstats is expected them.

--
-- Steve