Old 02-01-2008, 04:13 PM
"Paul Smith"

Default Looking for program to merge WMV files

Dear All,

Is there some Linux program to merge wmv files?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Old 02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Antonio Olivares

--- Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Is there some Linux program to merge wmv files?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul
>
> --

I saw the following that might be of help in the
Ubuntu forums (humanity)

cut + pasted

You may use mencoder (from mplayer, in the multiverse
repository), but the results seem to be a bit buggy
sometimes.
If you want to give it a try, enter the following to a
command line:

mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o NEWVIDEOFILE part1.wmv
part2.wmv part2.wmv ...

or just
mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o NEWVIDEOFILE part*

* there is no multiverse in fedora, livna, freshrpms
and last but not least compiling from source

Regards,

Antonio

Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 PM
"Paul Smith"

On Feb 1, 2008 5:39 PM, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Is there some Linux program to merge wmv files?
>
> I saw the following that might be of help in the
> Ubuntu forums (humanity)

> cut + pasted
>
> You may use mencoder (from mplayer, in the multiverse
> repository), but the results seem to be a bit buggy
> sometimes.
> If you want to give it a try, enter the following to a
> command line:
>
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o NEWVIDEOFILE part1.wmv
> part2.wmv part2.wmv ...
>
> or just
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o NEWVIDEOFILE part*
>
> * there is no multiverse in fedora, livna, freshrpms
> and last but not least compiling from source

Thanks, Antonio, for your help.

Paul