Old 11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Andrew Gray

Default Relatively smooth install of Fedora 14

Hi All

I have done a fresh install of fedora 14 x86_64 from DVD media on a Mesh
Pegasus 15 laptop Athlon 64 +3400 1GB Ram

Only problem is anaconda doesn't recognise the openchrome 1400x1050 LCD
screen and I made the mistake of using graphical install.
All went well and graphical install appeared as 1600x1200 vesa so I
couldn't see the NEXT button of the bottom of the screen!

Had to boot init 3 and create a /etc/X11/xorg.conf using "xstart" to
debug it.

All working now though a missed out the final stage of graphical install
such as registering the system

Should have chosen basic graphic install and then setup the display
later!

Got DVD playback working :-

Added rpmfusion yum repository then:-
yum install xine*
yum install gstreamer*
yum install gnome-mplayer*
yum install totem*
yum install audacious*

Had to get libdvdcss from http://rpm.pbone.net/

Thanks to all the developers !!!
Fedora 14 Looks Great !!

--
Andrew Gray <andrewg@linnetsol.co.uk>

Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Paul Smith

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Andrew Gray <andrewg@linnetsol.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have done a fresh install of fedora 14 x86_64 from DVD media on a Mesh
> Pegasus 15 laptop Athlon 64 +3400 *1GB Ram
>
> Only problem is anaconda doesn't recognise the openchrome 1400x1050 LCD
> screen and I made the mistake of using graphical install.
> All went well and graphical install appeared as 1600x1200 vesa so I
> couldn't see the NEXT button of the bottom of the screen!
>
> Had to boot init 3 *and create a /etc/X11/xorg.conf using "xstart" to
> debug it.
>
> All working now though a missed out the final stage of graphical install
> such as registering the system
>
> Should have chosen basic graphic install and then setup the display
> later!
>
> Got DVD playback working :-
>
> Added rpmfusion yum repository then:-
> yum install xine*
> yum install gstreamer*
> yum install gnome-mplayer*
> yum install totem*
> yum install audacious*
>
> Had to get libdvdcss from http://rpm.pbone.net/
>
> Thanks to all the developers !!!
> Fedora 14 Looks Great !!

I second Andrew, except regarding VirtualBox-OSE (RPM Fusion
repository) that cannot be installed because requires Python 2.6 while
F14 has Python 2.7.

Paul

Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 11/03/2010 11:57 PM, Andrew Gray wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have done a fresh install of fedora 14 x86_64 from DVD media on a Mesh
> Pegasus 15 laptop Athlon 64 +3400 1GB Ram
>
> Only problem is anaconda doesn't recognise the openchrome 1400x1050 LCD
> screen and I made the mistake of using graphical install.

Can you please file a bug report on this?

Rahul