Old 02-02-2008, 04:47 AM
Res

Default Good bye: Res has a potty-mouth.

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Peter Gordon wrote:

[...] if I was using the same tone attacking those who speak
against fedora I would have had next to no comments towards me, and
you know it [...]

Oh, quite the contrary! I'm almost certain (at least, certainly hopeful)
that our community is mature enough that we would not tolerate such
belligerence, irregardless of who or what your targets may be.

it does, I've witnessed the "in crowd" do this for years, look what they
did recently to Karl, look what did a year ago to a prominent member of
this group who left to go to Ubuntu, this group of leopards changes its
spots so many times it _is_ actually funny.

Rudeness for any reason is still rude and uncalled-for.

You have many good points, but it works both ways, and although the usual
vocals here may not like my tone or "ways" I've had several private
emails from persons who basically said " its about time they got theirs"
but just look at the attacks upon me, no wonder they too also do not
speak out against the self appointed net-cops who think they own this list.

I've seen over many many years the usual ratbags in here attack
people who dont agree with them, like I said previously sometimes the
"shock way" is what gets their attention, although I dont expect them to
sit back and think about it, because its much easier to lable someone a
foul-mouth troll, than to think that hte foul-mouth troll might have a

valid point.

You may very well be an extremely intelligent person; but so far you

I may be, I might even be a contributor of open source software that 1 in
5 of you might use, I might also be a millionaire, who knows, nobody
on this list knows anything about anyone, take the elderly lady accross

the road from me, she drives a 1965 beat up landrover, dresses like a hobo
(she freely admits it) yet she owns 17 houses, plus units and shops, she'd
easily be worth >40 mil, but to look at her you'd never ever have guessed
it.

lack of any effort to use your mailer's spell-check feature before
sending. :P)

Ah but this is a mailing list, I care not for typos

--
Cheers
Res

Old 02-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Peter Gordon

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 15:47 +1000, Res wrote:
> [...], because its much easier to lable someone a
> foul-mouth troll, than to think that hte foul-mouth troll might have a
> valid point.

Having a valid point is no excuse for not presenting it in a respectful
manner. If you believe something needs to be fixed, please let us know
what it is.

We love constructive criticism! Really, we do. It's one of the very
_foundations_ of F/OSS development. Please let us know what you feel is
wrong, and how perhaps we could fix it. However, if you simply tell us
"this is wrong. you people suck" (which is effectively what your wording
in earlier mails is doing), then we can do nothing about it.

Instead, choose your wording in a less inflammatory way. For example:
"This foo-thing is wrong. Here's why: insert-reason-here. Perhaps if we
did bar-action it could be fixed."

> Ah but this is a mailing list, I care not for typos
Heh. =P
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479

Old 02-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Chris

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 23:48:44 -0800
Peter Gordon <peter@thecodergeek.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 15:47 +1000, Res wrote:
> > [...], because its much easier to lable someone a
> > foul-mouth troll, than to think that hte foul-mouth troll might
> > have a valid point.
>
> Having a valid point is no excuse for not presenting it in a
> respectful manner. If you believe something needs to be fixed, please
> let us know what it is.
>
> We love constructive criticism! Really, we do. It's one of the very
> _foundations_ of F/OSS development. Please let us know what you feel
> is wrong, and how perhaps we could fix it. However, if you simply
> tell us "this is wrong. you people suck" (which is effectively what
> your wording in earlier mails is doing), then we can do nothing about
> it.
>
> Instead, choose your wording in a less inflammatory way. For example:
> "This foo-thing is wrong. Here's why: insert-reason-here. Perhaps if
> we did bar-action it could be fixed."
>

> > Ah but this is a mailing list, I care not for typos
> Heh. =P

The fact remains, he can't help himself. Often he states things yet
disqualifies himself with a contradiction.

Is this by design or a self-destructive mode? Is there a clinical term
for this; ... perhaps.

All I know is, uneducated bantering and obscene verbiage is certainly a
vehicle for those that can not muster an intellectual response much less
a volley.

--
Best regards,
Chris