Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
"nirbhay jain"

Default Fedora 8 and samba - am I missing something?

I don't have any suggestions for your mails. so i request to you don't send mail to me

thanks!

On Feb 1, 2008 6:27 PM, Henning Larsen <hennlar@start.no> wrote:

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 13:14 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some about samba client issues I found in Fedora 8. I'm not a

> real admin so I'm probably doing something wrong, but here
> is my experience.
>
> I setup samba mount points in /etc/fstab and if I enable netfs service
> to start in runlevel 3 that it fails becase network is up only when

if you start netfs in runlevel 3, it will not run in runlevel 5 unless
enabled there too.

If you start in runlevel 5, and mount the shares from within X I think
it will be ok

Henning Larsen

Old 02-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Henning Larsen

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 18:51 +0530, nirbhay jain wrote:
> I don't have any suggestions for your mails. so i request to you don't
> send mail to me
>
> thanks!

What exactly do you mean, you are on a mailing-list

Henning Larsen

Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Feb 1, 2008 1:57 PM, Henning Larsen <hennlar@start.no> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 13:14 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some about samba client issues I found in Fedora 8. I'm not a
> > real admin so I'm probably doing something wrong, but here
> > is my experience.
> >
> > I setup samba mount points in /etc/fstab and if I enable netfs service
> > to start in runlevel 3 that it fails becase network is up only when
>
> if you start netfs in runlevel 3, it will not run in runlevel 5 unless
> enabled there too.
>
> If you start in runlevel 5, and mount the shares from within X I think
> it will be ok

The way I found out it works half-way is that I have made a script in
NetworkDispatch folder so that NetworkManager starts netfs service
when eth0 goes UP. The problem is with samba mounts when I reboot that
NetworkManager kills the network first and then looks for commands in
NetworkDispatch folder - and tries to unmount samba shares.

This doesn't work.

Is there a better way under fedora 8 to mount and unmount samba shares
with NetwoekManager. Disabling NetworkManager is not an option.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 02-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Henning Larsen

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 16:44 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Is there a better way under fedora 8 to mount and unmount samba shares
> with NetwoekManager. Disabling NetworkManager is not an option.
>
> Any ideas?

I use gnome, under Places menu I have 'Connect to server', try that.
a link is then created on the desktop.

Henning Larsen

Old 02-02-2008, 04:03 AM
Ric Moore

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 14:27 +0100, Henning Larsen wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 18:51 +0530, nirbhay jain wrote:
> > I don't have any suggestions for your mails. so i request to you don't
> > send mail to me
> >
> > thanks!
> >

> What exactly do you mean, you are on a mailing-list

See, Henning? A Top-poster. What do you expect? <cackles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 02-02-2008, 08:16 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Feb 1, 2008 6:31 PM, Henning Larsen <hennlar@start.no> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 16:44 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>
> > Is there a better way under fedora 8 to mount and unmount samba shares
> > with NetwoekManager. Disabling NetworkManager is not an option.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> I use gnome, under Places menu I have 'Connect to server', try that.
> a link is then created on the desktop.

Do you use NetworkManager? Do samba mount points you have on your
desktop unmount before NetworkManager shuts down network interfaces on
reboot?