installing f8/hang at 'loading ata_piix' PROGRESS but now 'ata1.00 exception .... frozen'
John Minson wrote:
after fighting with the 'loading ata_piix driver' issue I managed to get
fc8 installed via a usb dvd drive . the install went fine but now when I
boot off the hd (sata) I eventually get
ata1.00 exception emask 0x0 sactt serr 0x0 action 0x2 frozen
it then displays 'loading udev' and hangs
once again this problem (or some variant there of) has been reported
lots but no clear indication of what to do.
I keep seeing references to the 'libpata' module having issues
It's great that the DVD got you further through the process. Apparently
the Distribution linked below has a solution and a kernel available to
remove the error.
According to the comment that led to the above link, it is fixed in the
next kernel series 2.6.24.
The next release is up to that version kernel. I'm not sure if later
kernels would have a backported fix in it or not. The changelog shows
these for a search for ata. The bugs should be found in bugzilla.
rpm -q --changelog kernel-220.127.116.11-107.fc8.i686 |grep ata
- libata: fix AHCI controller reset (#411171)
- libata: fix ATAPI tape drives (#394961)
- libata: allow short SCSI commands for ATAPI devices
- Fix libata handling of IO ready test (#389971)
- libata: fix resume on some systems
- libata: fix pata_serverworks with some drive combinations
- Fix completely broken sata_sis libata driver (#365331)
- nfs: fix writeback race causing data corruption
- direct-io: fix return of stale data after DIO write
- md/raid5: fix data corruption in some failure cases
- Use upstream libata DMA disable patch
(libata.dma parameter replaces libata.pata_dma)
- leave boot option as "libata.pata_dma" for now
- libata: change boot option name to "libata.dma"
- add option to disable libata PATA DMA
- Terminate list in ata-piix
- add Intel ICH8M (Santa Rosa) PCI ID to ata_piix driver
- As the x86-64 kernel is now relocatable, -kdump can go.
Success is a journey, not a destination.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list