Old 02-01-2008, 11:14 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

Default Fedora 8 and samba - am I missing something?

Hi,

I have some about samba client issues I found in Fedora 8. I'm not a
real admin so I'm probably doing something wrong, but here
is my experience.

I setup samba mount points in /etc/fstab and if I enable netfs service
to start in runlevel 3 that it fails becase network is up only when
you log in and gnome starts NetworkManager. There are ways of putting
scripts in NetworkDispatch (but selinux first needs to be disabled
because it prevents those scripts from running) folder so that when
NEtworkManager starts netfs service starts and mounts samba shares but
this fails on shutdown becasuse network goes down before samba shares
are unmounted.

This is a laptop and I need NetworkManager because of it's wireless
magic so turning it off is not an option.

Is there some way of using samba shares with NetworkManager that you know about?

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/