Old 02-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Colin Paul Adams

Default Finding minimized GNOME windows on a VNC desktop

David> Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>> I have configured a vncserver to use my normal GNOME desktop.
David> Using which method ?

>> But the bottom panel is empty, and I can't find minimized
>> windows, nor switch between virtual desktop panes.
>>
>> As a result, if I minimize a window, it is gone forever.

David> Are you logged in to the GUI twice eg locally and through
David> VNC ? Previously, that did not work very well, with
David> certain applets having trouble starting and the launchers
David> stopping working. It might still be the case.

That was the problem (the remote system is running Fedora 7, BTE).

Thank you.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire