Old 02-01-2008, 06:38 AM

Default add and remove program

Dear All,

One of my fedora client is behind the squid proxy server. That client could not able to update the add and remove program. Can anyone help me what to configure at squid / firewall, so that client could update the softwares. Also tell me how secure it is to allow clients to update, is that going to create hole in the security wall.

thanks

Arun

You are invited to Get a Free AOL Email ID. Click here.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Ed Greshko

arunbkn@aol.in wrote:

One of my fedora client is behind the squid proxy server. That client
could not able to update the add and remove program. Can anyone help me
what to configure at squid / firewall, so that client could update the
softwares. Also tell me how secure it is to allow clients to update, is
that going to create hole in the security wall.

Are you saying your proxy requires authentication?

Have a look at "man yum.conf" you will see....

proxy
proxy_username
proxy_password

directives.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:09 AM

Yes my squid proxy require authentication .......................

Arun

*

Old 02-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Ed Greshko

arunbkn@aol.in wrote:

Yes my squid proxy require authentication .......................

Then those are the directives you need....

proxy
proxy_username
proxy_password

Old 02-02-2008, 05:27 AM