-   -   fedora 8 - wireless network card for x86_64 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/44277-fedora-8-wireless-network-card-x86_64-a.html)

"bruce" 02-01-2008 12:28 AM

fedora 8 - wireless network card for x86_64

hi...

looking to install fc8 on a dual core x86_64 system. more importantly,
looking for a nic that i can insert into the pcmia slot and have wifi up and
running in a short time!!

madwifi apparently has major issues with atheros chipset(s) on 64 bit os.

any pointers to actual cards that really work, as well as
instructions/guides will be most appreciated. i've got a handful of nics but
i can't figure out how to even get them to be fired up, so the power
indicator is on. so, i'm looking for really basic/initial pointers...

the base system is an amd dual core laptop... i i can get this up/working i
can get to the actual tasks at hand!!

thanks

peace.

Peter Larsen 02-03-2008 06:51 AM

fedora 8 - wireless network card for x86_64

Aaron Konstam 02-03-2008 01:33 PM

Timothy Murphy 02-03-2008 02:02 PM

Peter Larsen wrote:

> The intel cards that are on the Dell latitude works pretty good now with
> the b43 drivers. After the last kernel update last week, it works even
> better than initially :D

I didn't understand this.
Is Intel now using Broadcom chips?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

"bruce" 02-04-2008 12:36 AM

fedora 8 - wireless network card for x86_64

that works...

unless you have a system that doesn't have "windows" on it.. and you don't
want to use ndiswrapper...

thanks