Old 01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Reik Red

Default Adobe Reader 8.1.1 printing does not work

Adobe Reader 8.1.1 printing does not work for me in F8_x86_64.

The printer indicates activity, but then goes back
to idle and nothing comes out. This is a postscript level 2 printer
(nec superscript 1800) and it works fine with Adobe Reader 7.

I also see that the printer often gets disabled in system-config-printer
after the above failure.

Is this a common problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

The same pdf files print fine from Adobe Reader 8 in windows xp, but that is
via PCL and not PS.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
M A Young

Adobe Reader 8.1.1 printing does not work for me in F8_x86_64.

The printer indicates activity, but then goes back
to idle and nothing comes out. This is a postscript level 2 printer
(nec superscript 1800) and it works fine with Adobe Reader 7.

Printing postscript from Adobe Reader 8 can be dodgy, taking absolutely
ages to print and in some cases (eg. HP Laserjet 9050) cause the printer
to crash. This could be the same problem, in which case reverting to Adobe
Reader 7 fixes it.

Michael Young

Old 01-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Reik Red

Thanks Michael,

Is this a problem with only the linux version, have you heard about Adobe
wanting to fix it, or ....?

Lars

Old 01-31-2008, 09:24 PM
M A Young