Old 01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
kwhiskerz

Default How to fix error message (unable to Access Resume Device (Label=/dev/sdc5)

I am guessing that you either relabelled or reformatted your swap partition,
or are using a different swap partition than the one that was in effect when
you installed.

In case you haven't solved the problem, here is what I did to get rid of it:

/sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.23-currentversion.fc8.img
2.6.23-currentversion.fc8

The first argument is the name of the initrd image you want to create; the
second argument is the kernel you are currently running (uname -r will tell
you this).

This will create a new initrd for the kernel you specified above (in the
second argument) with the updated information.

A work-around, in case you don't care to recreate the initrd, is to put
resume=/dev/sdc5 on the boot line of grub.conf.

Hope this helps.