Old 01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
hicham

Default what packages icludes stdio.h stdlib.h ....

Hello
trying to compile a c application
but I keep getting :
error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
string.h: No such file or directory
.... etc

thanks

Old 01-31-2008, 02:26 PM
"Anoop Chandran"

On Jan 31, 2008 8:49 PM, hicham <hichamlinux@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello
*trying to compile a c application
but I keep getting :
error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
string.h: No such file or directory
.... etc

I am running FC6.

$rpm -qf /usr/include/string.h
glibc-headers-2.5-10.fc6

Hope this helps you.

thanks

- Anoop
*<>_<>

Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 PM
hicham

> I am running FC6.
>
> $rpm -qf /usr/include/string.h
> glibc-headers-2.5-10.fc6
>
> Hope this helps you.

thanks
i figured it out after googling a while
I've tried yum provides stdio.h ,
it gave me nothing , it assumes the package installed

Old 01-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Todd Zullinger

hicham wrote:
> i figured it out after googling a while
> I've tried yum provides stdio.h ,
> it gave me nothing , it assumes the package installed

If you want yum to search pathnames, you need to put a shell glob in
the query. Something like this will work (and return a number of
packages that all contain a file named stdio.h):

yum provides '*/stdio.h'

Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
hicham

> If you want yum to search pathnames, you need to put a shell glob in
> the query. Something like this will work (and return a number of
> packages that all contain a file named stdio.h):
>
> yum provides '*/stdio.h'

thanks for the tip

Old 01-31-2008, 07:26 PM
"Michael Schwendt"

On 31/01/2008, hicham <hichamlinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
> trying to compile a c application
> but I keep getting :
> error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
> error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
> string.h: No such file or directory
> .... etc

Just for the record, you should not be able to compile any C code at
all, since the GNU C Compiler package "gcc" Requires "glibc-devel",
the package that contains the C standard library files for software
development. They build a set. When installing gcc, glibc-devel is
installed, too. Most likely you did not have "gcc" installed either.
Btw, it's a similar thing with C++, "g++" Requires "libstdc++-devel".