Old 01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Default Good bye - So long and thanks for all the fish.

I see someone reads Douglas Adams.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Terry Polzin

On Thursday 31 January 2008 09:44:48 Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> I see someone reads Douglas Adams.

Have you got your towel?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Randy Ramsdell

Terry Polzin wrote:

On Thursday 31 January 2008 09:44:48 Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

I see someone reads Douglas Adams.

Have you got your towel?

NICE! I can't get help with the problem that FC6,7,8 has with an ASUS
board, but this stupid thread gets 200 posts. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NICE LIST!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Rick Stevens

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 16:44 -0500, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> Terry Polzin wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 January 2008 09:44:48 Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> >
> >> I see someone reads Douglas Adams.
> >>

> > Have you got your towel?
> >

> NICE! I can't get help with the problem that FC6,7,8 has with an ASUS
> board, but this stupid thread gets 200 posts. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NICE LIST!

I, for one, don't recall seeing your post on ASUS mobos. Perhaps I
missed it.

While I haven't futzed with F6, 7 or 8 on Asus in a while, I'll try to
help. What specifically is going wrong? And try to be as specific as
you can...there's a lot of Asus variants out there.

- -
- If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes... -
- ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it! -

Old 01-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Randy Ramsdell

Rick Stevens wrote:

NICE! I can't get help with the problem that FC6,7,8 has with an ASUS
board, but this stupid thread gets 200 posts. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NICE LIST!

I, for one, don't recall seeing your post on ASUS mobos. Perhaps I
missed it.

While I haven't futzed with F6, 7 or 8 on Asus in a while, I'll try to
help. What specifically is going wrong? And try to be as specific as
you can...there's a lot of Asus variants out there.

- -
- If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes... -
- ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it! -

Hey thanks.

I gave up on this issue after the 3rd new release wouldn't install and
just use the xp disk for now . Actually, I filed the bug report that was
fixed in FC5, but new release fscked this up. I posted questions after
the 7,8 release I think. So my post is just a rant because I was not
happy about having to stop using FC and then not getting much help here.

Thank you anyway

Old 01-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Chris Jones

While I haven't futzed with F6, 7 or 8 on Asus in a while, I'll try to
help. What specifically is going wrong? And try to be as specific as
you can...there's a lot of Asus variants out there.

Can I suggest I new thread. This one is perverse enough as it is...

Old 01-31-2008, 09:27 PM
"Richard Shaw"

On Jan 31, 2008 3:59 PM, Rick Stevens <rstevens@internap.com> wrote:

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 16:44 -0500, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> Terry Polzin wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 January 2008 09:44:48 Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> >
> >> I see someone reads Douglas Adams.

> > Have you got your towel?
> >

> NICE! I can't get help with the problem that *FC6,7,8 has with an ASUS
> board, but this stupid thread gets 200 posts. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NICE LIST!

I, for one, don't recall seeing your post on ASUS mobos. *Perhaps I
missed it.

While I haven't futzed with F6, 7 or 8 on Asus in a while, I'll try to
help. *What specifically is going wrong? *And try to be as specific as

you can...there's a lot of Asus variants out there.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer * * * * * * rstevens@internap.com -

- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc. * * * * * * * *http://www.internap.com -

Yup, I've been running AMD ASUS boards for years now and haven't had any problems. Starting running linux with FC6 and had run fine in both F7 and 8 as well.

Richard

Old 01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Rick Stevens

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 17:22 -0500, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:

> >> NICE! I can't get help with the problem that FC6,7,8 has with an ASUS
> >> board, but this stupid thread gets 200 posts. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NICE LIST!
> >>

> > I, for one, don't recall seeing your post on ASUS mobos. Perhaps I
> > missed it.
> >
> > While I haven't futzed with F6, 7 or 8 on Asus in a while, I'll try to
> > help. What specifically is going wrong? And try to be as specific as
> > you can...there's a lot of Asus variants out there.

> > - Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer rstevens@internap.com -
> > - CDN Systems, Internap, Inc. http://www.internap.com -
> > - -
> > - If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes... -
> > - ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it! -
> >

> Hey thanks.
>
> I gave up on this issue after the 3rd new release wouldn't install and
> just use the xp disk for now . Actually, I filed the bug report that was
> fixed in FC5, but new release fscked this up. I posted questions after
> the 7,8 release I think. So my post is just a rant because I was not
> happy about having to stop using FC and then not getting much help here.

Well, like I said, I'll help if I can and you can tell me what you're
seeing as going wrong. The most common problems were on Asus SMP mobos
with multiple processors.

If you want to pursue this, perhaps we can do it off list or start a
fresh thread as we're all hoping this one will die.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

NICE! I can't get help with the problem that FC6,7,8 has with an ASUS board,
but this stupid thread gets 200 posts. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NICE LIST!

You will never get help because your not in the "in crowd" of lamers who
have nothing better to do than rack up post hits by speaking complete
tripe

--
Cheers
Res