Old 01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Timothy Murphy

Default "device_rename: sysfs_create_symlink failed (-17)"

I have two access-points, on 2 home LANs.
I have set up two interfaces, eth1 and eth2, on my laptop,
using the same WiFi device and driver (orinoco_cs).
The theory is that if eth1 does not connect to AP1
then eth2 will connect to AP2.

This used to work, but as far as I can see
there has been a change in recent kernels
with the result that if the first connection fails,
the second always fails with the above error message
in /var/log/messages .

I googled for the error message,
and saw many postings,
but none that suggested any solution.

Any suggestions of a way round gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366