Old 10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
"David A. Paredes Rios"

Default fedora system-switch-mail alternative

Guys, any of you knows if there is a way to change the mail transport agent in fedora, from sendmail to postfix for example without using system-switch-mail, what would be the manual way to do that?

Thanks..

Old 10-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Craig White

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 15:57 -0500, David A. Paredes Rios wrote:
> Guys, any of you knows if there is a way to change the mail transport
> agent in fedora, from sendmail to postfix for example without using
> system-switch-mail, what would be the manual way to do that?
----
yum install postfix
chkconfig postfix on
chkconfig sendmail off
service sendmail stop
service postfix start

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:08 PM
"David A. Paredes Rios"

Thanks Craig, actually thats are the steps that system-switch-mail do?

Thanks..

Old 10-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Sam Sharpe

On 1 October 2010 22:08, David A. Paredes Rios <davidapr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Craig, actually thats are the steps that system-switch-mail do?

That is roughly what system-switch mail does. This is it enabling sendmail:

os.system('/usr/sbin/alternatives --set mta
/usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail')
os.system('/sbin/service postfix stop 2>/dev/null >/dev/null')
os.system('/sbin/service exim stop 2>/dev/null >/dev/null')
os.system('/sbin/chkconfig postfix off 2>/dev/null >/dev/null')
os.system('/sbin/chkconfig exim off 2>/dev/null >/dev/null')
os.system('/sbin/service sendmail start 2>/dev/null >/dev/null')
os.system('/sbin/chkconfig sendmail on 2>/dev/null >/dev/null')

You can read /usr/share/system-switch-mail/functions.py for more details.

--
Sam

Old 10-01-2010, 09:16 PM
"David A. Paredes Rios"

Useful, thanks. guys

Old 10-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Tom Horsley

Never heard of system-switch-mail, I've always used:

alternatives --config mta

and fed it the number that matched postfix when it
asks which alternative.

P.S. I notice on F14 beta, there is no postfix on the
DVD, so might need to proceed that with a

yum install postfix

Old 10-01-2010, 09:31 PM

Never heard about "alternatives" useful too i tough that alternatives way is only from ".deb" distros.
Thanks
Mensaje enviado desde mi BlackBerry® de +Móvil!